It’s time for a reminder of the importance of self-care! And here are ten more random ideas for self-care. You are invited to pick one or more and put it on your to do list this week or month. If none of these inspire you, check out more suggestions here.
1. Dance in the rain
2. Start a new craft project
3. Cook a meal that you’ve always wanted to try and have never had time to
4. Skip somewhere you probably shouldn’t (like to an important meeting). Or add a filter just before you join an important video conversation via your phone.
5. Take a picnic to the woods with someone you love. Or, if the weather’s not so great, go parking by the sea.
* Those who are reading this in their winter may need more than one blanket…
7. Have a ridiculously early night
8. Try a new physical activity
9. Treat yourself to a new therapy or bodywork or beauty treatment
10. Re-watch your favourite film
Declaration of interest: if you do number 11 and buy something, it funds the infrastructure that allows me to write and share more posts like this one 😀
Happy self-care, and please feel free to share your own ideas too 😀
If you’d like to stay up-to-date with birth-related research and thinking, make sure you’re subscribed to our free newsletter list, which means you’ll get Sara’s monthly Birth Information Update.
We also create safe spaces for midwives, students and birth folk to get updated on the evidence AND consider other ways of knowing. We invite you to take a look at our online courses and see Sara’s upcoming live events page too 🙂
photo credits: Constellation Display via photopin (license)